Noctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noctum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Status Report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mischa
Wicked One

Status Report Empty
PostSubject: Status Report   Status Report I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:36 am

Sales of Noctum have been quite low, this I attribute to my inability to properly market the product and my low web presence due to my hectic schedule. But no worries, there have been a lot of activity over here and a lot more is being planned. There will be positive changes, but in due time and I’ll explain why and how.

As some of you know I’m currently studying game design and project management fulltime. Beyond my studies and finishing the text for NPLH I’ve also been able to write the bulk of the Cold & Dark manuscript (about 140 pages or so). Cold & Dark is a sci-fi game that is inspired by sources such as Starcraft, Dead Space and the Alien series. It uses the so-called D.E.M Engine (working title). This will be used as the core mechanic for our upcoming games as well. These games will be no more than sixty to a hundred pages long as it’s just a question of themes and mechanical add-ons.

We have also been able to develop a new webpage which is easier on the eyes. This is part of a major restructuring over here. We are changing everything from logos to business methods and focus. All this will take some time before it will be put in effect. From the 1th of Mars I will be on site at Mongoose Publishing as an intern. This will be fulltime and ongoing for four months, during which time I’ll simultaneously be working on my school essay (working title): Digital Games vs Pen & Paper RPGs: An Integration of Marketing and Design. And of course I’ll still be developing games for the D.E.M Engine and sketch on more Noctum concepts as well whenever I can squeeze it in.

Our restructuring involves a stronger presence on the web and we are also going to use the pdf and POD option further down the line. In all likelihood these changes are going to be made slowly over time. After I graduate this summer (the restructuring should be complete before then). I’m going to take a fulltime job and these methods will allow me to keep up production of my games while working. If you have any questions just holler.
Back to top Go down
https://blackbox.forumotion.com
Ars Mysteriorum

Ars Mysteriorum

Status Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Report   Status Report I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:10 am

Glad to hear things are starting to churn into high gear!

I really think Noctum deserves far more attention than it has received, and I'm really looking forward to this new system!
Back to top Go down
http://arsmysteriorum.weebly.com/
Mischa
Wicked One

Status Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Report   Status Report I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:39 pm

We’re going to do a system tests during this weekend. I’ll probably post a quick rundown of some D.E.M Engine basics, and the result of the test, in the blog next week.
Back to top Go down
gman

Status Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Report   Status Report I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:52 pm

That sounds really cool. Working with Mongoose will be a great experience. Is the plan to re-release Noctum with the new system or is it sticking as it is with the new books like NPLH still planned for a release?
Back to top Go down
Mischa
Wicked One

Status Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Report   Status Report I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:12 pm

The Noctum series will stay with Mongoose for now, but I have not real insight when it comes to the future of the series. I’ll be able to comment on that issue in a couple of months. We have regular updates on our blog these days (about time) where we will keep you posted.

I’m really looking forward to my internship at Mongoose, it will be a great opportunity to learn a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Status Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Report   Status Report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Status Report
Page 1 of 1