Noctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noctum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why A new version?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cjfodel

Why A new version? Empty
PostSubject: Why A new version?   Why A new version? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:04 am

Why have you decided to make a new version of Noctum? Question

Charles affraid Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mischa
Wicked One

Why A new version? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why A new version?   Why A new version? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Well, the game had low sales as I didn’t have time to properly promote it between studies and writing and due to the fact that the cover was too extreme. So now when I got a chance to redo it I thought it could be cool to tie it to the D.E.M Engine which will also simplify things in my production pipeline. And I will of course redesign the cover.
Back to top Go down
https://blackbox.forumotion.com
gman

Why A new version? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why A new version?   Why A new version? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:55 pm

How does the D.E.M system differ from the current Nocturne system? Will there still be things like the Fight or Flight rules? Also will Vivisection be converted to the new rules or will it be compatible? Same goes for NPLH.
Back to top Go down
Mischa
Wicked One

Why A new version? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why A new version?   Why A new version? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:03 pm

The D.E.M Engine employs a dice pool system (but never more than 8 dices) and is extremely versatile. The fight and flight system is still there, and so are most other features. Vivisection will be updated and made into a pdf, while NPLH will use the D.E.M Engine in pdf version from the start. However, it might be possible that we will provide a free stat sheet using the old rules for both Vivisection and NPLH so those that have the first English version will be able to use the D.E.M Engine versions as well.

And Cold & Dark is moving forward and this game has a lot of potential Smile You should check out the blog which is updated on a weekly basis (most of the time).
Back to top Go down
https://blackbox.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Why A new version? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why A new version?   Why A new version? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why A new version?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Noctum :: Noctum :: Noctum-
Jump to: