Noctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noctum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago

Go down 
+2
Mischa
Pariah77
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pariah77

Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago Empty
PostSubject: Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago   Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:38 am

I just picked up Noctum a couple days ago and really love what I've read so far. As I read through it, I'm taking my time so that I'm sure not to miss anything.

The setting is very unique, like nothing I've seen in an rpg before. I've been trying to create my own horror setting for a while now and have had a tough time with it. Then I saw Noctum at the local game shop and had to buy it. Once I'm done with the book, I plan on running it! Very Happy

Has anyone come up with a questionnaire to help fleshout a character's background? I thought one might be helpful when creating characters.
Back to top Go down
Mischa
Wicked One

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago   Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Hmm,
A questionnaire is a good idea. Maybe we could make it into a classic (but very dark) 20 questions kind of thing?

BTW, nice to know that the game is helpful to you when creating your horror setting Smile
Back to top Go down
https://blackbox.forumotion.com
Pariah77

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago   Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 4:52 am

I was thinking of using some of the questions in the character creation section as base to build a questionnaire. When I do, I'll share what I come up with.

As for my setting, I've put that on hold and I'm going to use the one in the Noctum book. I haven't made it to the 'history' section just yet, but can't wait to. What I really love so far the weaknesses and can't wait to see if my players will really be able to play them out well.

Has anyone ran Noctum yet? Have you had any problems with players being uncomfortable or perhaps getting a little too into focusing on their character's weaknesses? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Draugr

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago   Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:19 pm

I finally got my copy today! Very Happy

And now... study
Back to top Go down
Mischa
Wicked One

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago   Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:22 pm

Glad you got it, but read fast! Vivisection is on its way. There’s a preview available here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://blackbox.forumotion.com
Melmoth

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago   Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:08 pm

I bought Noctum these last Saturday. It seems Noctum got a nice welcome in Barcelona, I got the last copy they had at the store. They only had 3 copies, but there are other relatively new games that still were on the shelves, so it may mean something.

So far I'm really liking Noctum and I'm pleased since it was one of the few games on my to-buy list. Although, I'm afraid comparisons with Kult are inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Robin

Robin

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago   Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:49 pm

Now I'm also a proud owner of the new edition of noctum and vivisection! I loved the two earlier editions so I'm sure I'm going to love this game too cheers
Back to top Go down
Ars Mysteriorum

Ars Mysteriorum

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago   Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Ordered my copy finally just last night from RPGshop.com...

I hope it gets here before we leave for vacation next Friday!
Back to top Go down
http://arsmysteriorum.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago   Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked Up a Copy A Few Days Ago
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Noctum :: Noctum :: Noctum-
Jump to: