Noctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noctum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Possible GM Screen?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused

Possible GM Screen? Empty
PostSubject: Possible GM Screen?   Possible GM Screen? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi - I just picked up Noctum last week, and it seems it has caught my interest. With the upcoming release of 'Vivisection', do you plan to ever produce a GM screen? If you do, i'd like to point out that including a set of Aspect Cards on a piece of sturdy card that can be 'punched out' might be a good idea.

I appreciate the presence of these cards in the downloads section, but unfortunately if I try to print them off and make my own then it will just look messy... just a suggestion!

Keep up the good work, Mischa.
Back to top Go down
Mischa
Wicked One

PostSubject: Re: Possible GM Screen?   Possible GM Screen? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:52 am

Thx,
Hope you get some good gaming nights out of the book

At the moment I’m working on Tearfall and NPLH. If there’s gonna be a screen it will probably be released with a sourcebook instead of being released as a stand alone component. It might be possible to release the screen with Tearfall. However, I don’t have an exact ETA on the final product yet. When it comes to the aspect cards these probably have to be part of a sourcebook as well. The book dealing with magic and psychic abilities (current working title Spirit, Essence and Darkness) will in all likelihood contain aspect cards that can be punched out if possible.

By the way, do you have any suggestions on motif for the screen? I always appreciate input and takes on design. We have talked about using actual photographs to stage a crime scene or other rather bleak panorama into a long strip, something with a SAW feel to it.
Back to top Go down
https://blackbox.forumotion.com
dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused

PostSubject: Re: Possible GM Screen?   Possible GM Screen? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Hmmm... let me see...

Ok, most games used to print GM screens on that horrid thin card that gets bent or just plain old destroyed really easily. Please consider doing the screen on the same type of card used for the cover of the core rulebook - Wizards of the Coast, Mongoose and White Wolf have all switched to that method recently, and the end result is really tough and sturdy, and it looks just great!

The front really needs art of course. The middle two panels need something central to the theme of the game. Perhaps a grisly crime scene with a number of hard-boiled detectives stood overlooking the evidence? In the background a crime scene photographer takes a photo of the body, and a CSI dusts for prints on an old television on the nearby dresser. The left panel needs the game logo in nice big letters, and both it and the right panel would look good with an identical pattern of some sort - the old Wraith: the Oblivion GM screen did this really well.

As for content, I strongly suggest against a table with weapon statistics. A GM that's taken the time to create an adventure generally has weapon stats written down wth his/her NPCs. I've always felt that weapon tables take up a huge amount of space, never get used and are generally a bit of a cop out on the part of publishers. Of course - that's just my opinon! Someone may well step in now and say how useful they find them.

Anyway, there's my 10 cents. Hope it helps - I plan to stick around the forum for a while!
Back to top Go down
Mischa
Wicked One

PostSubject: Re: Possible GM Screen?   Possible GM Screen? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:07 pm

I’ll see what me and the crew can come up with, thx for the input. We’re gonna have a photo shoot and try it out. It’s always good with some fresh eyes on things.
Back to top Go down
https://blackbox.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible GM Screen?   Possible GM Screen? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible GM Screen?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Noctum :: Noctum :: Noctum-
Jump to: