Noctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noctum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Noctum Errata

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Draugr

Noctum Errata Empty
PostSubject: Noctum Errata   Noctum Errata I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:28 pm

I am happy to say, that I found only a few errata so far. Here are the ones I found or at least think I found. Smile

page 60
The scope of the skill Art should be "Fast" and not "Simple".

page 112
Armor piercing - "This ammo works against natural armor as well but not armor reduction." "Armor reduction" should probably be "damage reduction".

page 118
In the example Huxleys initial mentality should haven been 40 and not 10.

page 120
Hospitalization - 4th paragraph: "To this, another 100 dollars per positive Environment score is added,..." "Environment score" should be "Treatment score" as described in the following example.

That's all I have right now.
Back to top Go down
Draugr

Noctum Errata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noctum Errata   Noctum Errata I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:24 pm

Unless I missed something the Hitpoints of the Sinner's Companion (page 255) are missing!
Back to top Go down
Mischa
Wicked One

Noctum Errata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noctum Errata   Noctum Errata I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:15 pm

Would you look at that! Well, they have 30 HP Wink
Back to top Go down
https://blackbox.forumotion.com
Draugr

Noctum Errata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noctum Errata   Noctum Errata I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:05 pm

Ok, thanks! Smile

So, two last things I found. I don't think I will find anymore errata as I've read everything now. Smile

On page 114 the speed of the compact car is missing. I'm also a little bit surprised that the van has a better speed than the station wagon. scratch

Page 92
I don't know if this one is an errata. The explanation of Hosing it like a MoFo is nearly identical to the explanation of Multiple Shots, but when reading the example of HilaM it is much more difficult than Multiple Shots. Is the example of HilaM correct?
Back to top Go down
Mischa
Wicked One

Noctum Errata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noctum Errata   Noctum Errata I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:25 am

Yes, the example is correct. The recoil of full auto will make it harder and harder to stay on target for each extra cluster. But on the other hand, the tightness of the clusters will deal extra damage. It’s extremely hard to make all the bullets in a full auto fire volley to hit the same spot. Then there’s also the balance of the game mechanics to take into account, as stated the system isn’t created as a combat simulator as such.
Back to top Go down
Devin

Noctum Errata Empty
PostSubject: gun errata   Noctum Errata I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:18 am

Hello and thanks for the great game! Love the atmosphere of it!

The gun nut in me found a few errata on the firearms chart pg 109.

1) the Beretta 92 should have a clip size of 15 instead of 17. Also the ROF of 5 seems too high. It is a 9mm weapon and probably not faster than the little semiauto Ruger .22, so I'm guessing the ROF should be 2 or maybe 3?

2) The Glock 17 should have a clip size of 17 (hence it's name Smile It is also not a burst fire weapon so the ROF of B5 seems incorrect. Being another 9mm weapon it should probably be 2 or 3. The Glock 18 is a burst fire weapon so possibly this is the weapon that was meant?

In any event, minor things that I will wait for Mischa to confirm.

Hope to finish reading it in a couple days. Mischa did a great job on making it a non-boring read (a problem with many game books).
Back to top Go down
Mischa
Wicked One

Noctum Errata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noctum Errata   Noctum Errata I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Thanks. Hope you will enjoy playing the game as well as reading it.
And I do believe you’re correct when it comes to the irregularities in the weapons section Smile

Those who want more exactness in this area should go on the weapon stats Devin has provided.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Noctum Errata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noctum Errata   Noctum Errata I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noctum Errata
Page 1 of 1